Please hang tight while I reload all the photos back.

My photo
I currently work at Davenport A+ Elementary School in Lenoir, NC.

Wednesday, January 13, 2021

Lions with Lines kindergarten art lesson

 Lions With Lines Kindergarten Art Lesson 




My demonstration video.

I came across this lesson from Pinterest. I changed it to fit the needs of my classroom. I was going to add the link to my post but it has been deleted. 

I always like to add an artist to a lesson I'm teaching my students. For this lesson I introduced the artist Henri Rousseau. I showed his jungle paintings and showed the edited version about his life from "Art with Mati and Dada Henri Roussea" on YouTube. Make sure you search for the edited version since the original shows the painting "The Dream" which has a nude. 

I provided 9" x 6" pieces of yellow paper and taught the kiddos how to draw a lion from the letter "U". Students colored the details, cut it out and glued it to the middle of a 12" x 18" piece of blue construction paper. This took one class period.

On the next art class students glued strips of warm colored patterned paper around the lions head and drew various lions in-between the paper. Fun and easy lesson! 







Great lesson to introduce various lines and the concept of warm and cool colors. 



No comments:

Post a Comment