Please hang tight while I reload all the photos back.

My photo
I currently work at Davenport A+ Elementary School in Lenoir, NC.

Wednesday, January 13, 2021

1st grade paper gingerbread houses

 1st Grade Paper Gingerbread Houses




I am still on a cart this year because of COVID so I've been searching like crazy to come up with ideas for my students. I found this idea on the blog by Ayelet Keshet. You can find her post here:   http://ayeletkeshet.com/printable-gingerbread-house-template-to-color/
I actually changed it to be a blank template so the kiddos could create their own designs on the houses. I also wanted kids to have the option to create a plan house if they didn't' want to create a gingerbread house.  


                                                             My demonstration video. 

They absolutely loved this lesson. I showed them many examples of real gingerbread houses and then they got to work. They could use crayons or markers to create their houses. It was a little tricky for this age level in constructing the houses to be 3-D but the end result was worth it. Sorry I forgot to take more pictures! 








No comments:

Post a Comment