Please hang tight while I reload all the photos back.

My photo
I currently work at Davenport A+ Elementary School in Lenoir, NC.

Tuesday, January 19, 2021

1st grade snowflake banner

 1st Grade Snowflake Banner


I'm still teaching on a cart this year because of COVID! Here is a lesson I came up with that doesn't involve to much of a mess for the classrooms. 

I think all kids need to know how to make a snowflake, even though it is a little crafty. Our classroom teachers are so busy that they just don't have enough time. 

We practiced cutting on one first and then the kids got to work. We used colored copier paper cut into 4" x 4" squares. 

Students glued their snowflakes to a 6" x 18" black piece of construction paper. I punched holes at the top and they strung a piece of yarn through them and tied it in a knot (well those who could tie a knot!).  

                        I think they turned out great and now the kids can make snowflakes on their own! I think next time I teach this I will have them add glitter! 




  You can watch my demonstration video below.



No comments:

Post a Comment