Please hang tight while I reload all the photos back.

My photo
I currently work at Davenport A+ Elementary School in Lenoir, NC.

Tuesday, January 12, 2021

Kindergarten Starry Night snowman art lesson

 Kindergarten Starry Night Snowman Art Lesson 

                                                             My demonstration video. 

My kindergarteners really love Vincent Van Gogh. This is an easy art project that can be done in one class period (mine are 50 minutes). 


We critiqued  "Starry Night" and discussed all the swirly lines, stars, moon and wind. Students colored a snow ground at the bottom of their blue 12" x 9" construction paper, drew a snowman (without the arms) onto a 6" x 9" piece of white paper, cut it out and glued it on their snow covered ground. They then drew the arms on their snowmen.  The last step was to add the beautiful sky in the style of Van Gogh's "Starry Night".








No comments:

Post a Comment