Please hang tight while I reload all the photos back.

My photo
I currently work at Davenport A+ Elementary School in Lenoir, NC.

Tuesday, January 12, 2021

Kindergarten Sailboat art lesson


Kindergarten Sailboat art lesson 

I am having a hard time coming up with ideas to teach my kindergarteners this year. I'm on a cart because of COVID and the classrooms do not have sinks! I came across this idea from the blogger "Art is Basic". Click on the link to see the original post. https://www.artisbasic.com/2016/12/3-fun-easy-kindergarten-art-lessons.html. It is a little crafty but the kids can make it their own. 

                                                You can watch my demonstration video here: 



I always like to include art history in my lesson so I showed many paintings that had sailboats in them such as Winslow Homer's "Breezy Up" . 

Head on over to Art is Basic to get the template to copy on paper for your students. You can see from the photos of the children's art that they are all different. The kids really enjoyed making the sailboats. 




No comments:

Post a Comment