Please hang tight while I reload all the photos back.

My photo
I currently work at Davenport A+ Elementary School in Lenoir, NC.

Friday, January 15, 2021

Kindergarten Penguin art lesson

 Kindergarten Penguin art lesson 

Thanks to Cassie Stephens for this idea. Here is her original  post https://cassiestephens.blogspot.com/2019/01/in-art-room-penguins-with-first-grade.html

She actually did it for 1st graders. I changed it a bit to fit the needs of my kindergarteners. 

I did a step by step tutorial on how to draw the penguin with the class. I always have to stress to make their drawings big and to use the whole paper. We always practice drawing with our fingers first before we draw the actual subject. They actually did great on this.



Here is my demonstration video.



Students used the cool colors of paint sticks to make swirls all over their 12" x 18" drawing paper. I wanted them to use cool colors to make a wintery feeling. They turned out great! Thanks to Cassie Stephens for the idea! 



























No comments:

Post a Comment