Please hang tight while I reload all the photos back.

My photo
I currently work at Davenport A+ Elementary School in Lenoir, NC.

Monday, April 5, 2021

Keith Haring 1st grade art lesson

 Keith Haring 1st grade art lesson 

Hello! I'm still teaching on a cart because of COVID! 
As you might know many of the classes at my school do not have sinks so I'm trying to come up with messy free art projects for the kids. Believe me it has been a challenge! 
This is one I came up with that is all about Keith Haring. 
I have this board book in my art library titled "Pop Art Baby". It is perfect for my emergent readers (it only has a few words) and it is a board book so it wipes clean!

There are many books available on Andy Warhol as well as kid friendly videos on You Tube. 

You can watch my demonstration video below. 



We modeled our art project after his "Dancing Figures". Students glued a piece of 6" x 18"  purple paper to a 12" x 18" piece of yellow construction paper. They added lines or dots to show rhythm at the bottom with a black marker. 

We drew stick figures onto  4" x 4" pieces of construction paper and then drew bubbles around them. Remind the kids to draw  fat bubbles! 
Students used red, green and orange paper for the figures. 

The last part was to cut them out, glue them down and add lines to show the movement! Remind students to put glue on the pencil side. 






They really enjoyed this lesson! 

No comments:

Post a Comment