Please hang tight while I reload all the photos back.

My photo
I currently work at Davenport A+ Elementary School in Lenoir, NC.

Monday, April 19, 2021

kindergarten self portraits



kindergarten self portraits 

Here is another idea I borrowed from Pinterest. You can find the original post here Art with Jenny K. She actually taught it to first graders but I thought my kindergarteners could do it at the end of the year. I changed it a bit to fit the needs of my classroom. You can watch my demonstration video below.



I showed the students lots of examples of self portraits by Van Gogh, Frida Kahlo and Rembrandt. I love to show the self portraits of Rembrandt since he would dress up in costumes and paint himself! 
Students folded an 18" x 6" piece of drawing paper into fours. 
I instructed the students on how to draw the body into each of the four sections. 




They added details and a background. The last step was to trace everything with a black crayon. 
Don't you love these?! 

























No comments:

Post a Comment