Please hang tight while I reload all the photos back.

My photo
I currently work at Davenport A+ Elementary School in Lenoir, NC.

Wednesday, April 28, 2021

Kindergarten pop up cities

 Kindergarten Pop UP Cities

Here is a great lesson to teach virtually. It's also a messy free project for those of you who are teaching on a cart. I got the idea from Mrs. Knight's Smartest Artists. You can see her original post here Pop up architecture. I just changed it a bit to fit my needs. 



This is my demonstration video. 



Students folded their choice of colored cardstock in half and cut two slits on the fold. 
I instructed the students to make sure the folded part of their paper was facing their bodies and then they could cut on the fold. I walked around the room and checked each one before they could cut. Remember they are kindergarteners! 

They were then instructed to draw buildings above the fold and a road on the bottom fold. 
I provided squares of white cardstock for students to draw a building. They then glued them to their slit. 






These are so cute and the kids were really excited about them! 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment