Please hang tight while I reload all the photos back.

My photo
I currently work at Davenport A+ Elementary School in Lenoir, NC.

Monday, March 29, 2021

Yayoi Kusama kindergarten mushrooms art lesson

 Yayoi Kusama kindergarten mushrooms art lesson




I'm still teaching on a cart and still racking my brain to come up with ideas that aren't messy and don't require a sink! 

This is one I came up with while I was reviewing the beautiful art of Yayoi Kusama. My kindergarteners absolutely loved her polka dot inspired art! You can watch my demonstration video below.


Students used paint daubers to press dots all over their choice of 12" x 9" colored construction paper.


They dry really fast! 

I did a step by step tutorial on how to draw the mushroom by having the students fold a 9" x 12" multi media paper into fours to create a nice grid. 

 They did such a great job with their drawings! 


Students used neon oil pastels to color their mushrooms and outlined them with a black oil pastel. 
The last step was to cut them out and glue to the middle of their dotted paper. 




I'm so proud of the hard work they put into these! 



 
























No comments:

Post a Comment