Please hang tight while I reload all the photos back.

My photo
I currently work at Davenport A+ Elementary School in Lenoir, NC.

Friday, March 26, 2021

The Great Wave 1st grade art lesson

 The Great Wave 1st grade art lesson 

This idea came from the blog The Lost Sock. She did it with her fourth grade class so I needed to change it to fit the needs of my first graders. I'm teaching on a cart because of COVID so I'm scanning the internet daily for messy free art projects! You can watch my demonstration video below.



Art with Mati and Dada has a seven minute video on YouTube on Hokusai that is age appropriate. It's a great introduction to his "The Great Wave". I think it is so important to introduce students to famous paintings so when they are out and about in the community they recognized these iconic art pieces. Currently, Target has this print in their poster section! 

I provided students with 12" x 9" pieces of drawing paper and did a step by step tutorial on how to draw the wave. Students could add clouds or a sun to the sky. 




They traced their art with a black marker and used crayons to color. They were so proud of their work! 


























No comments:

Post a Comment