Please hang tight while I reload all the photos back.

My photo
I currently work at Davenport A+ Elementary School in Lenoir, NC.

Monday, March 1, 2021

Don't Let the Pigeon Drive the Bus kindergarten self directed drawing lesson

 Don't Let the Pigeon Drive the Bus kindergarten self directed drawing lesson 




I'm still teaching on a cart because of COVID and still picking my brain to come up with messy free art projects for the kids to do in their classrooms! This is another one I came up with that is messy free! 
I have my kiddos for 50 minutes so I have found doing directed drawing lessons really helps the time fly by. The children really enjoy learning how to draw various things from simple shapes. I think it really helps them understand how to draw other things on their own. 
You can watch my demonstration video below.







We read the story Don't Let the Pigeon Drive the Bus by Mo Willems. I actually used You Tube and played The Reading Pioneers Academy's video. The video is around four minutes long. I provided 6" x 9" pieces of blue and yellow construction paper and taught the kiddos how to draw a school bus and the pigeon. They were so thrilled that they could do this! I did not have the kids draw the legs for the pigeon since they would be cutting them out. 

After cutting them out they glued them on to a blue piece of 12" x 18" construction paper. They drew legs on their pigeon and then added a speech bubble. They were then to complete the sentence "Don't let the pigeon.....". At this level just remind the kids to write the letter sounds they hear. Remember they are just learning their letter sounds so the words do not have to be spelled correctly. 









They were so proud of their work! 
















No comments:

Post a Comment