Please hang tight while I reload all the photos back.

My photo
I currently work at Davenport A+ Elementary School in Lenoir, NC.

Sunday, February 28, 2021

Chicka Chicka Boom Boom kindergarten art lesson

 Chicka Chicka Boom Boom kindergarten art lesson 

I got this great idea from Cassie Stephens. You can see her original post here Cassie Stephens Chicka Chicka boom boom
I just changed it to fit the needs of my classroom. You can watch my demonstration video below. 


Because I'm on a cart because of COVID I have to keep coming up with messy free art projects. Our kindergarten classrooms do not have sinks so it has really been a challenge coming up with projects. 
For this project I had my students use Black bingo daubers to draw letters all over a piece of 12" x 18" multi-media paper. After they drew their letters we then watched the Chicka Chicka Boom Boom video by Andre Penn on YouTube. It's a little over four minutes long. I also played another ABC video just to give the papers time to dry. They dry in about ten minutes. 

The next step was to take neon paint sticks and draw lines around all the letters. I stressed how important it was to not draw on top of the letters in case they weren't dry. In Cassie's art project they used water soluble markers to trace around the letters and then painted the letters with water to make them bleed. They look really cool but my teachers wouldn't appreciate the mess in their classrooms. Paint sticks have been a great alternative this year! 









No comments:

Post a Comment