Please hang tight while I reload all the photos back.

My photo
I currently work at Davenport A+ Elementary School in Lenoir, NC.

Monday, February 22, 2021

Edvard Munch 1st grade art lesson

Edvard Munch 1st grade art lesson
This lesson is based on the famous painting "The Scream". 




                                                                 My demonstration video. 

I got this idea from the book "Get into 
Art! People" by Susie Brooks. I changed it a bit to fit the needs of my classroom. 
We discussed the painting "The Scream" noting the warm colors  and what we thought was going on in the painting. 

I explained to the children that they would have two choices. They could either make their person yawning or their person screaming. If they made their person yawning then they had to use cool colors and if they made their person screaming they had to use the warm colors. 
I then taught the children how to make a simple person and reminded them on using good craftsmanship skills when coloring. They did amazing!!! 




The last step was to use cool or warm colors of paint sticks to make lines going around the person. I'm still on a cart because of COVID so anything I can use that has less mess is what I'm using this year! 
We used Colorations Paint sticks. 





I love these!! They really enjoyed the paint sticks and were so quiet with this activity. This one is a keeper! 











































Most of the students chose to do their person yawning. I'm not sure why! 

No comments:

Post a Comment