Please hang tight while I reload all the photos back.

My photo
I currently work at Davenport A+ Elementary School in Lenoir, NC.

Friday, February 12, 2021

Self Portraits with masks 1st grade art lesson

 Self Portraits in 1st grade with masks


I got this great idea from art teacher Cassie Stephens. Head on over to her page for her video on how to create these. https://cassiestephens.blogspot.com/2020/07/behind-my-mask-super-kid-self-portrait.html

I love art history so I discussed the many self portraits of Van Gogh, Rembrandt and Frida Kahlo. They all have great stories so I highly recommend discussing their lives and displaying their self portraits. 

I was a little worried about teaching this in first grade but they did great! Some of the kids needed help folding their paper and some guidance on where to place the heads but other then that they did an amazing job!




































No comments:

Post a Comment