Please hang tight while I reload all the photos back.

My photo
I currently work at Davenport A+ Elementary School in Lenoir, NC.

Friday, March 26, 2021

Laurel Burch cats kindergarten art lesson

 Laurel Burch cats kindergarten art lesson 

Well, I'm still teaching on a cart because of COVID! Many of my classrooms do not have sinks so I'm stressing to come up with messy free art projects. 
I found this idea from Art Projects for Kids. I changed it a bit to fit the needs of my classroom. 
You can watch my demonstration video below.


 Growing up as a child Laurel Burch found great comfort in her pet cats. She suffered from a rare bone disease which she died from when she was 61. For this lesson we focused on her cat paintings. 
We used black construction paper and folded it into fours to create a grid. I directed the children on how to draw the cat in each block with a white pastel. They did so well with this!  
Students were encouraged to either use warm or cool colored neon oil pastels to color their cats. They did an amazing job! 















1 comment:

  1. love these cat artworx and enjoyed looking at them. I respected Laurel Burch's work and items produced. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete