Please hang tight while I reload all the photos back.

My photo
I currently work at Davenport A+ Elementary School in Lenoir, NC.

Friday, December 20, 2019

Kindergarten Winter landscapes

Kindergarten Winter Landscapes
I wasn't sure how this was going to turn out with my kindergartners but they really did a great job! 
I showed them how to draw a winter tree with a black oil pastel on a 12" x 9" piece of multi media paper. They took a white oil pastel, drew snow in the sky and colored snow around the bottom of their tree. They could add a snowman, a bird or anything they thought would look nice in their winter landscape. 
 The last two steps were to paint over the sky with liquid watercolors. They could use blue, purple and green. Lastly, they sprinkled salt while it was still wet all over the sky creating the appearance of ice crystals. You can see my demonstration video below. 




The next day students rubbed any extra salt off , glued a piece of black paper to the back (I helped them with this) and drew snowflakes around the edges with a white construction paper crayon. 







































No comments:

Post a Comment