Please hang tight while I reload all the photos back.

My photo
I currently work at Davenport A+ Elementary School in Lenoir, NC.

Tuesday, December 3, 2019

Roy Lichtenstein kindergarten art lesson

Roy Lichtenstein Kindergarten art lesson

I just changed it a bit to fit the needs of my students. 
This idea comes from Roy Lichenstein's sunset art. 




I provided each student a printed 12" x 18" copy of a sunset in the style of Roy Lichenstein's art. 
I'm so blessed to have a great copier that I can copy all of them onto!


We noticed that he used mostly primary colors so I played the primary color song by Sesame Street. You can find it here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yu44JRTIxSQ
They love this song!
I provided a paper plate with yellow paint for the students to paint some of the rays and the sun part. 

On another paper plate I provided red and blue for students to paint lines onto  a couple of the rays. 

Students then could take  daubers filled with watery tempera paint and make dots on some of the rays. 



The last step was to take a dauber filled with black ink and outline the lines. Remind students not to squeeze the bottles or it will make a big blob! 



I always provide the steps on the board. 









They turned out so nice and I'm amazed how well they did using the black ink!

 











No comments:

Post a Comment