Please hang tight while I reload all the photos back.

My photo
I currently work at Davenport A+ Elementary School in Lenoir, NC.

Friday, December 13, 2019

Kindergarten Jasper Johns stencil art

Kindergarten Jasper Johns stencil art 





Thanks to 2 Soul Sisters for this idea. I just changed it a bit to fit the needs of my kindergartners.  My students love the art of Jasper Johns. We discussed his paintings and how he may have created them and then set to work. 
This is our inspiration painting
"Alphabet" ( the Art Institute of Chicago). 

We sponged painted a primary or secondary color on our 9" x 12" multi media papers. 

  Using florescent tempera paint (washable) students chose a stencil, gently placed it on top and blotted paint in the letters. They loved the results and using the bright colors. This was so easy and they had so much fun!












No comments:

Post a Comment