Please hang tight while I reload all the photos back.

My photo
I currently work at Davenport A+ Elementary School in Lenoir, NC.

Wednesday, November 1, 2023

2nd grade Fall Reflections

 2nd Grade Fall Reflection Painting


My second graders had so much fun creating this art project. They painted a 12" x 18" piece of multi media paper with watered down blue tempera paint. Blue construction paper was to dark and I found this process had better results. The next art class they folded their paper in half vertically and drew tree trunks and branches on half of their paper starting on the fold. They folded it back over and used the side of a ruler to rub to make an impression on the other side of the paper. I had to remind them that this was just a reflection so we didn't want it to dark. 




After the trunks and branches were finished they used fall colors to paint leaves on the trees and some land. Each time they painted leaves on a tree they had to fold their paper back over and rub. They used their hands to rub this time since paint was easy to transfer to the other side. 






They were so happy with this lesson! 



No comments:

Post a Comment