Please hang tight while I reload all the photos back.

My photo
I currently work at Davenport A+ Elementary School in Lenoir, NC.

Thursday, November 30, 2023

3rd grade winter mittens art project

 3rd Grade Winter Mittens art project 

I found a photo of something like this on Pinterest. It was a painting by adults but I thought my 3rd graders could do something similar. 

If you want to see how I taught this here is the link

https://youtu.be/bLXfo7TeBeY 

                Students painted a curvy or loopy line across a 12" x 18" piece of blue construction paper. 
They then used a q-tip and painted dots all over their paper. They loved this part! 
 I provided mitten patterns for my 3rd graders to trace. I reminded them to make sure they drew two left hand mittens and two right hand mittens. They used 12" x 18" multi media paper. 

We discussed various pattern ideas and then my kiddos used neon oil pastels to draw their designs. They loved the colors!
When the mittens were complete they painted over the pastels with liquid watercolors. I would remind them to keep the lids on each cup of paint while they aren't using them. I've had to many students ruin the watercolors because they drip paint over them. 



They could paint outside the lines since we would be cutting them out. 
Finally when the mittens were dry, they cut them out and glued them on their snowy sky paper. 






                                     I think they turned out great and they loved making them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment