Please hang tight while I reload all the photos back.

My photo
I currently work at Davenport A+ Elementary School in Lenoir, NC.

Thursday, November 30, 2023

4th Grade Fall Leaf collage

 4th Grade Fall Leaf Collage 

         This is always a favorite lesson. Students get to use tissue paper, mod podge and oil pastels. This idea came from Mrs. Picasso's art room. For some reason it won't let me share the link to the original idea. This is how we made ours. 
Students used mod podge and attached warm colored tissue paper squares onto a multi media 12" x 9" piece of paper. When I ran out of mod podge I made the homemade version of just glue and water. 


          On day two, students glued a 12" x 9" piece of blue construction paper onto a piece of black                                            construction paper. I think the size was around 18" x 12". 
                        They drew swirls with oil pastels (only cool colors) all around the blue paper. 

On the tissue paper collage they turned it on the back and drew a large leaf. They cut this out and then drew the veins on the front (sorry I forgot to take pictures). The last step was to glue it in the middle of their blue paper. They loved these!










No comments:

Post a Comment