Please hang tight while I reload all the photos back.

My photo
I currently work at Davenport A+ Elementary School in Lenoir, NC.

Monday, October 23, 2023

5th grade square 1 art patterned flowers

 5th grade square 1 art patterned flowers

I found the inspiration for this lesson on the blog Newton Bateman Art Department. I'm not sure what they were teaching but I changed it to fit the needs of my lesson. Thanks for the inspiration! 
We studied the art of Romero Britto and his bright colors and patterns and then got to work. 





Students could free hand or  use a lid to trace the middle of their flower. They then added the petals and drew patterns on it with a sharpie. 

I found some pattern ideas on line for those students who needed an inspiration. 


Students used crayons to color the flower and then the last step was to paint the entire drawing with liquid watercolors. They did an amazing job! 













No comments:

Post a Comment