Please hang tight while I reload all the photos back.

My photo
I currently work at Davenport A+ Elementary School in Lenoir, NC.

Tuesday, October 10, 2023

1st grade Robert Indiana Square 1 Art project

 1st Grade Robert Indiana Square 1 Art 

I found this art lesson on Instagram from scholtenart. He has some great ideas!

I went ahead and copied four boxes on the square 1 art paper for the kiddos. This makes life so much easier! 

On the square 1 art paper that is provided I printed four boxes on the copier. On this paper students used cool colored tempera paint and painted each box. Remind them to not paint over the line where their school and name appears!



On an 8" x 8" square piece of paper students painted the warm colors and then took a paint comb and scraped various lines through out the paint. 

This was day one. 

On the second day, I helped them lay out the stencils for LOVE (except the O) on the 8" x 8" paper. They traced the letters with a black crayon and then cut them out. 

While they were working on this I went around the room and painted their hand for the letter "O" of their art project. Students then glued the letters to their square 1 art paper. Since this is at the beginning of the year some of my kiddos had trouble cutting out the "E" but overall everyone did great!






No comments:

Post a Comment