Please hang tight while I reload all the photos back.

My photo
I currently work at Davenport A+ Elementary School in Lenoir, NC.

Monday, October 23, 2023

4th grade square 1 art pop art hearts

 4th grade square 1 art

I found this lesson on the Jamestown elementary blog. I'm not sure what they were teaching but I decided to tie it into Pop art. Andy Warhol has some great art featuring hearts and he even has a painting of an actual heart. Students are learning about the real heart in their classroom so I was so excited to find Andy Warhol's print of a human heart. Don't worry his heart doesn't look gross! It is very simplified. 
I thought I would have the students draw their own squares on the Square 1 Art paper but it was easy for me just to copy them on the copy machine. 


I provided students with a small piece of paper and reviewed with them on how to make a heart by folding their paper in half. I'm amazed with how many couldn't remember or didn't know how to make one! Students then traced their heart in each square of their paper. 
The next step was to draw various patterns in each section. I provided examples to give them inspiration but I encouraged them to come up with their own!  


Students could draw with their sharpies or draw with a pencil first and then trace them. My 4th graders then colored them with crayons and painted over them with liquid watercolors. They are beautiful! 























No comments:

Post a Comment