Please hang tight while I reload all the photos back.

My photo
I currently work at Davenport A+ Elementary School in Lenoir, NC.

Wednesday, May 26, 2021

Wayne Thiebaud kindergarten birthday cake art lesson

 Kindergarten birthday cake drawing art lesson 

Sorry no photos for this lesson. I retired and the last month of school I did not save my class photos on this blog. But here is my video! 




        Here is the video I recorded for  virtual learning during COVID. 
We discussed the art of Wayne Thiebaud especially  his cake paintings. 
In kindergarten students are taught the 3-D shapes in their classrooms so this was perfect to tie in their general education curriculum. 
I did a step by step tutorial of how to draw the cake and then the kiddos could add their own touches. This was completed in May so my kindergartens had grown quite a bit in their skills. Students used crayons and a 12" x 9" piece of drawing paper for the lesson. 

I love how they all turned out so differently! 


No comments:

Post a Comment