Please hang tight while I reload all the photos back.

My photo
I currently work at Davenport A+ Elementary School in Lenoir, NC.

Monday, May 10, 2021

Kindergarten pattern suns

 Kindergarten Pattern Suns

Sorry no photos for this lesson. I retired and the last month of school I did not save my class photos on this blog. But here is my video! 

For this lesson I provided drawing paper with a blank sun. 


I have actually taught this lesson virtually and had the kids trace a lid and draw triangles around the circle for a sun. It's a little tricky for kindergarteners so I decided to provide these patterns for them. 

Students were instructed to draw a face on the circle and then add various patterns on each triangle. 

The last steps were to trace the sun with a black crayon and color the sky. 
You can watch my demonstration here:




No comments:

Post a Comment