Please hang tight while I reload all the photos back.

My photo
I currently work at Davenport A+ Elementary School in Lenoir, NC.

Monday, May 10, 2021

Grant Wood kindergarten landscape art lesson

 Grant Wood Kindergarten landscape art lesson 

Sorry no photos for this lesson. I retired and the last month of school I did not save my class photos on this blog. But here is my video! 

For this lesson students learned about the America artist Grant Wood. We viewed his many landscapes (and of course his famous painting American Gothic) discussing foreground, midground and background. 

Fall Plowing by Grant Wood



I did a step by step tutorial on how to draw a landscape drawing to include a foreground, midground and background. 


Students were to draw various patterns in each section of their drawing. They could make up a pattern or include patterns of corn etc. 


My kindergarteners were very happy with the results! 




Here is a video of me teaching it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment