Please hang tight while I reload all the photos back.

My photo
I currently work at Davenport A+ Elementary School in Lenoir, NC.

Monday, May 24, 2021

Big Mouth kindergarten and 1st grade art lesson

 1st Grade and Kindergarten Big Mouth Art Lesson 

Sorry no photos for this lesson. I retired and the last month of school I did not save my class photos on this blog. But here is my video! 


Aren't these so cute?! I'm still on a cart this year so I'm still coming up with messy free art projects for my students. This art project is easy and a good one for a substitute art teacher. I provided 8" x 11" paper with a box already drawn in the middle of the paper. You could have your students make the box if you wanted. There are many examples of these all over Pinterest so this is not my original idea. 
Here is a video of me teaching it.

Students drew a head around the box and then added eyes, tongue, teeth etc. I instructed the kiddos are how to fold the paper to make the mouth open and close. They really love these and had so much fun. I couldn't decide on which ones to post so here are lots of examples!! These are all from my kindergartners! Of course this was done in May and not August!! I actually taught this virtually during our COVID lockdown. 















































No comments:

Post a Comment