Please hang tight while I reload all the photos back.

My photo
I currently work at Davenport A+ Elementary School in Lenoir, NC.

Thursday, March 1, 2018

Paul Klee 1st grade art warm and cool colors lesson

Paul Klee warm and cool color portraits

I have three books on the artist Paul Klee. I didn't read them to the students , but they are in my art library for the students to look at when they are finished with their artwork. I did discuss Paul Klee's life and showed students his art. 





Our inspiration for the project was his Senecio painting. Click on this link to see the painting http://www.paulklee.net/senecio.jsp. On YouTube Art with Mati and Dada they have a  seven minute video about his life as well. It is very age appropriate. I have done this project for years so I don't know where the original idea came from.
I gave each student a circle to trace in the middle of their paper and then they were to draw a face, neck and shoulders. It could be a self portrait (with no hair) or just a person. They then had to pick either warm or cool colored bleeding tissue paper, paint their paper with water and then lay the tissue paper on top.

After they were dry they picked the papers off.










This project took two,  fifty  minute class periods.














No comments:

Post a Comment