Please hang tight while I reload all the photos back.

My photo
I currently work at Davenport A+ Elementary School in Lenoir, NC.

Monday, March 19, 2018

1st grade art Picasso flowers

Picasso Flowers
I took my inspiration for this project from the Picasso painting Bouquet of Peace. I actually found a copy at a yard sale!
Aren't yard sales awesome?!
There are tons of children's books on Picasso. Some of these are even available on You tube. 
Students' traced their hands and colored them with multicultural colored crayons.


 I know Picasso didn't paint the hands in his painting but I'm teaching my students that no one is the color of white paper! I thought it would be neat if the students could trace their hands like they were holding the flowers but they really had a hard time doing this.

We talked about different ways to make flowers with our paint brushes and then students created their stems and flowers with tempera paint.













Perfect for Mother's Day!

















No comments:

Post a Comment