Please hang tight while I reload all the photos back.

My photo
I currently work at Davenport A+ Elementary School in Lenoir, NC.

Wednesday, March 14, 2018

Dr. Seuss kindergarten art project

My Many Colored Days  kindergarten art lesson
Our school does a week of all Dr. Seuss books and activities so I thought why not the art room?  I found the idea here http://mrsmaynardsartroom.blogspot.com/2010/03/our-many-colored-days.html
You can read the book by Dr.Seuss My Many Colored Days or show it on YouTube.

We folded our 12" x 9" multi media paper into four sections and discussed various emotions and how to draw them.

After we drew them in pencil we traced over our lines with a black marker. 
This took the whole 50 minute class period. 
On the next day students painted each box a different watercolor. I encouraged the students to pick a color that would match the emotion such as mad being the red color. 






This only took around 15 minutes. They turned out so cute! Thanks Mrs. Maynard for the idea. 











No comments:

Post a Comment