Please hang tight while I reload all the photos back.

My photo
I currently work at Davenport A+ Elementary School in Lenoir, NC.

Friday, May 10, 2024

4th grade Gelli printing

 


4th Grade Gelli print flowers 


My fourth graders had so much fun creating these gelli print flowers. Actually their favorite part was making the prints. I'm a multi media artist and I use my gelli plate all the time to create various colored and printed papers for my art. I use acrylic paint and with my first class of fourth graders that is what I used. Clean up was not easy for these kiddos so for my next three fourth grade classes we used tempera paint. The results were fine and my sanity was saved!  
Students could use rice paper, copier paper or pages from an old dictionary that I had torn out for them. 
Each table was designated with a certain color so students had to rotate to the color they wanted. 











On day two, students made their background with blue, white and purple. They could roll the paint with a  brayer or use a paint brush. Most everyone used the brayers and some even splattered paint onto their art. Students also had time to create a couple more prints using greens for the stems and leaves to use for their flower collage



For the next couple of classes, students created their flowers. We used fine tip bottles filled with tempera paint for them to add various lines around their flowers. They loved using them!
This lesson took four, fifty minute class periods. 
























No comments:

Post a Comment