Please hang tight while I reload all the photos back.

My photo
I currently work at Davenport A+ Elementary School in Lenoir, NC.

Saturday, May 11, 2024

2nd grade Claude Monet watercolor resist

 2nd Grade Monet watercolor lilies with bridge

I showed the video  about the life of Claude Monet on YouTube. The one I used was "Claude Monet for Kids, Art History for Kids".  We discussed his life and I shared with the students various photos of his Japanese bridge with waterlily paintings. 
                                                          The Water Lily Pond, 1899 by Claude Monet

Students drew a bridge in the middle of their 9" x 12" multi media paper and lily pads with various shades of green pastels.  Quickly they covered their paper with water and brushed blue and purple liquid watercolors all over it. My 2nd graders then sprinkled salt all over their painting before it dried. The salt will soak up some of the paint and leave flakes of water glistening through the water like light. 
The last step was to glue squares of tissue paper on the lily pads. 












No comments:

Post a Comment