Please hang tight while I reload all the photos back.

My photo
I currently work at Davenport A+ Elementary School in Lenoir, NC.

Thursday, October 10, 2019

Kindergarten Robot collages

Kindergarten Robot Collages



Part one of my demonstration video. 

Part two. 


Kindergarten is challenging at the beginning of the year. I'm always looking for great ideas. I have the kiddos for 50 minutes so when I come across an idea that works I want to share! 
I love this lesson that I came across from the blog "Paint brush Rocket". You can find the original idea here http://paintbrushrocket.blogspot.com/search/label/Kindergarten
It has a lot of prep work (you have to cut lots of shapes), but it's worth it. 
Read the book "Robot Zombie Frankenstein!" by Annette Simon. The book is about  two robots who change into various costumes. I discussed the various costumes and explained to students that they would be using geometric shapes to create their own robot. I also (since I used to be a kindergarten classroom teacher) discussed the text and making predictions in the story. 

Each student could pick a big construction paper rectangle for their body and add heads, legs etc. 
Students were encouraged to create any kind of robot they wanted. They had so much fun! 
This was day one. 


On the next class we discussed patterns. Students (with my help) glued their robot collage to a 12" x 18" piece of construction paper . They created patterns on the border with a black marker.
I always put the steps on the board. 


 Don't you love how this one has a book?








No comments:

Post a Comment