Please hang tight while I reload all the photos back.

My photo
I currently work at Davenport A+ Elementary School in Lenoir, NC.

Monday, September 16, 2019

Square 1 Art kindergarten hand print art project

Square 1 Art kindergarten hand print project

I always like to have my fundraiser at the beginning of the year so that the orders come in time for Christmas. This being said, it is hard to come up with a project for kindergarten. Some are just learning how to write their names as well as learning other skills necessary for school. Paint daubers are pretty easy for kindergarten so I decided to use them for this project. You can buy them already filled or buy empty ones to fill up yourself. I bought the kind you fill up. Just check the various art supply stores for these. 

Students used paint daubers filled with washable tempera paint and covered their papers with the various dots. 



The paint dried pretty quickly (we have 50 minute class periods) so I called students over to my table and painted their hands with black tempera paint. After they dried they printed their names.
After doing about five classes (I have nine kindergarten classes) I found it was more efficient to have them write their name first and then do their hand prints. You need to watch where they write their names since they could be cut off when Square 1 Art scans them to place on their products.

 The kids had so much fun doing this. I'm hoping the parents will love them!












No comments:

Post a Comment