Please hang tight while I reload all the photos back.

My photo
I currently work at Davenport A+ Elementary School in Lenoir, NC.

Saturday, September 14, 2019

1st grade Gusta Klimt tree of Life art project

Klimt Tree of Life art project
The last time I taught this the students drew a tree on a Styrofoam sheet and printed them onto painted papers.  I love this version because the kids were so thrilled to use gold paint. I was a little nervous since this paint isn't the easiest to get out of clothes but as far as I know no one got any on themselves. 


The kids are crowded since some classes have 28 students. This photo was taken before I rearranged my classroom and added another table. I actually love my set up now (and the kids aren't elbow to elbow!).
Students first painted a tree on black 12" x 18" black construction paper with the gold tempera paint. They did not draw their tree with a pencil first. Everyone was successful!

I provided sequins and Elmer's school glue for students to embellish their trees. By the time they cleaned up their paint the trees were dry enough and they could add the sequins.




This lesson took 50 minutes including the introduction of Gustav Klimt and my demonstration.


I actually took a trip to Vienna, Austria and got to view "The Kiss". 

No comments:

Post a Comment