Please hang tight while I reload all the photos back.

My photo
I currently work at Davenport A+ Elementary School in Lenoir, NC.

Friday, January 18, 2019

Winter warm and cool snowmen 1st grade art lesson

Warm and Cool Snowmen

Here's another idea I found on Pinterest. Sorry I don't have a link. If you know where the original idea came from please send me a message so they can get the credit!
On the first day we discussed warm and cool colors. I provided 6" x 6" multi-media paper for students to paint with warm and cool liquid watercolors. 




On the second day students glued their papers to a 12" x 18" piece of blue construction paper.



 I love these glue bottles I purchased from Amazon. They are called Colorations glue jars. Students can brush the glue on their papers. Genius!

Students then painted their snowmen.



They added snow around the papers with white tempera paint. 
I always try to write the directions on the board with picture cues for my non readers. 





So cute!

2 comments:

  1. I was looking for a way to finish up my warm/cool lesson with 2nd grade. This was perfect. Thanks

    ReplyDelete