Please hang tight while I reload all the photos back.

My photo
I currently work at Davenport A+ Elementary School in Lenoir, NC.

Monday, January 28, 2019

1st grade Robert Indiana Love paintings

Robert Indiana Love Paintings





Here is another idea I found on Pinterest. It wasn't linked to any blog so if you know where the original idea came from send me a message so I can give them credit. 
I started the lesson reviewing warm and cool colors as well as positive and negative spaces in art. 
I provided 12" x 9" multi-media paper with the words "LOVE" already printed on them. 
Students were instructed to draw various lines with black and white oil pastels on the letters. 
Students  painted the positive space (letters) using only the warm colors. We used crayola watercolor paints.




The last step was to paint the negative space with cool colors. 






Aren't they lovely?!

No comments:

Post a Comment