Please hang tight while I reload all the photos back.

My photo
I currently work at Davenport A+ Elementary School in Lenoir, NC.

Wednesday, January 16, 2019

1st grade winter collage

1st grade Winter collage

I found this idea on Pinterest. Sorry I can't give the link. It's blocked. Maybe because it is out of the country. Anyway here is my take on the lesson.
On the first day we reviewed warm and cool colors. Students painted their papers with homemade Mod Podge (half glue and half water). They then placed cut tissue paper squares on top and then added another layer of my homemade Mod Podge.

On the second day students used tempera paint to paint a tree. They then cut a piece of paper for the ground and added snow with a q-tip. 





Some students wanted to  add birds and owls. The children enjoyed this lesson since they got to use a variety of supplies.





















No comments:

Post a Comment