Please hang tight while I reload all the photos back.

My photo
I currently work at Davenport A+ Elementary School in Lenoir, NC.

Thursday, November 12, 2020

Kindergarten art African Collar Necklaces

 African Collar Necklaces for Kindergarten

This year I'm on a cart because of COVID. None of my kindergarten classes have sinks  so it is challenging to come up with creative activities for the kiddos. So,  pulling from a lesson I did years ago (I get tired of teaching the same thing) I came across this lesson. 
 The last time I taught the lesson  I let the kiddos make their own patterns with shapes and lines. This year I decided to teach them the same pattern and then let them chose two colors to color their necklaces. Believe me, this went a lot smoother! 




I instructed the students on how to draw a zig zag pattern all around the paper plate. The paraprofessionals at my school actually had time to cut out all the holes in the middle of the plate for  me so that saved a lot of time! 

After we drew the zig zag pattern I gave each student their first choice of color. 

After they colored their zig zag pattern then I gave them their next color and they were to color the rest of their plate. 

The last step was to trace their zig zags with a black marker. 





They were so proud of them! 













No comments:

Post a Comment