Please hang tight while I reload all the photos back.

My photo
I currently work at Davenport A+ Elementary School in Lenoir, NC.

Tuesday, March 26, 2019

Kindergarten poppies

Kindergarten poppies
Here is another great idea I found from another  art teacher, Suzanne Tiedemann who teaches at Brunswick Elementary School. I just adapted it a bit to fit the needs of my kindergartners. 
We discussed the beautiful poppy paintings by Georgia O'Keeffe as well as viewing a clip of The Wizard of Oz, where Dorothy and the rest of the characters are walking in a field of poppies. Boy were they excited to see this short video clip! You can find it on YouTube. 
Students drew short, medium and long stems with oil pastels onto a 12" x 18" piece of navy or blue construction paper. In the original  idea, Ms. Tiedemann used black paper. I chose navy and blue because I was pretty low on black paper.  I then provided a paper plate with red, white and black paint for them to paint their flowers. 








Easy lesson and this was done in one, fifty minute class period. 

No comments:

Post a Comment