Please hang tight while I reload all the photos back.

My photo
I currently work at Davenport A+ Elementary School in Lenoir, NC.

Tuesday, November 14, 2017

Kindergarten Thanksgiving line pattern turkeys

Kindergarten turkeys

Thanks for the great idea for this lesson from Deep Space Sparkle. The link is here https://www.deepspacesparkle.com/how-to-draw-paint-a-turkey/if you want to see the original idea. I just changed it a bit . 
I showed a great video about lines called "The Line Song" by Scratch Garden on YouTube. It's only around two minutes and it is a great introduction to lines for kindergarteners. 
We then discussed lines and drew various ones on the board. 
I provided each student with a turkey body pattern. After they traced the body I taught them how to draw feathers around the body.

After I showed them how to draw feathers they traced them with a black oil pastel and added different kinds of lines on the turkey feathers. This took one, fifty minute class period.
On day two, students used liquid watercolors and painted the turkeys. I didn't provide brown, so we talked about how to make brown with secondary colors. This took one, fifty minute class period.




On the third day, we cut the turkeys out and glued them onto their choice of 9" x 12" construction paper. For those students who had a hard time cutting I traced their turkeys with a yellow highlighter that they could follow along.
Lastly, we added sticker eyes.



















No comments:

Post a Comment