Please hang tight while I reload all the photos back.

My photo
I currently work at Davenport A+ Elementary School in Lenoir, NC.

Wednesday, November 1, 2017

kindergarten Chameleon art lesson

Kindergarten Chameleon Art Lesson 
It is so hard finding art lessons for kindergartners! I don't like to use patterns but with this lesson I thought it was okay.
We started off the lesson by reading the book "A Color of His Own" by Leo Lionni. It is a wonderful book about a Chameleon who feels he has no color of his own. We then discussed how we think the illustrator created his drawings and what media he used.
Each student received a leaf stencil and sponge painted green and yellow on it. Students loved this part. 


Students then received a handout of the chameleon that I had copied. We discussed how to use watercolors and how to use good craftsmanship on our art. 
We discussed using warm, cool or rainbow colors. 
On day two we cut the chameleons out. I had drawn a line around them for students to cut if it was to difficult. 
Students then glued them to their leaves. Cute lesson even though it is a little crafty.









I had sticker eyes if the students wanted to use them.

No comments:

Post a Comment