Please hang tight while I reload all the photos back.

My photo
I currently work at Davenport A+ Elementary School in Lenoir, NC.

Tuesday, November 14, 2017

kindergarten Fall leaf printing with rubber replicas

Leaf printing with kindergarten
In the past with my  kindergarteners, I provided real leaves for the them to use for printing. I always thought it would be great  to take my classes outside and collect the leaves, but in reality there isn't enough time (seeing them once a week for fifty minutes). I found a great alternative to using real leaves when I came across rubber replicas from Blick art materials. You can also find them on Amazon. They look exactly like real leaves (probably because they used real leaves to  make them). 
We discussed what colors we see in the Fall and how they are warm colors. 
I provided trays covered in newspapers with various leaf replicas and Fall colors. I rotated the trays from each table to table so everyone had a chance to use all the colors. No one had to carry their paper to other tables to use the color they wanted and no one dropped their paper! It kept me hopping! 


















This was a great introduction to Fall and printmaking.




















No comments:

Post a Comment