Please hang tight while I reload all the photos back.

My photo
I currently work at Davenport A+ Elementary School in Lenoir, NC.

Thursday, May 17, 2018

Mr. Seahorse art project for kindergarten

Mr. Seahorse art lesson for kindergarten 



                                                              Here is my demonstration video.

I  played a YouTube video of Paul Ryker  reading the book "Mr. Seahorse" by Eric Carle. I  stopped the video periodically to discuss the illustrations and talk about the story. 
I found a great tutorial on how to teach the little ones how to draw the seahorse. 



This was taught at the end of the  year so they caught on pretty quickly. 
The next step was to trace the seahorse with a black crayon. 
Students then colored the sea horse with crayons and drew wavy  lines with a white crayon for the water. 




The last step was to paint the whole thing with blue watercolors. I used diluted liquid watercolors. 












































No comments:

Post a Comment