Please hang tight while I reload all the photos back.

My photo
I currently work at Davenport A+ Elementary School in Lenoir, NC.

Wednesday, September 7, 2016

Fundraiser Idea for kindergarten art

Fundraiser Idea for Kindergarten art

I have my annual art fundraiser at the beginning of the year so parents can order things to give as Christmas gifts. I use the company Square 1 Art.  Kindergartners are still learning how to write their name and how to use art materials so I need something simple. 
On day 1, students sponged painted the background. With kindergartners this took about 30 minutes. They are still learning the procedures in the art room!


On day 2, I had them write their name in the template and then I painted their hands black to make the hand print. While others waited their turn I played an art DVD for children called "I Can Fly, kids and creativity". 
On Day 3, students glued a heart onto their hand print. We discussed the color wheel and complementary colors. Students were to pick the complementary colored heart for their hand print. Many of the kindergarten teachers read the book "The Kissing Hand" by Audrey Penn to their students on the first day of school. It's about a raccoon who misses his mom when he goes to school. The mom gives the little raccoon a kiss on the hand to help him remember his mom's kisses through out the day. The illustrations show the kiss leaving a heart. It's fun to see if any students make a connection to the art and to the story. We spent a couple of minutes reviewing how to use a glue  stick. For the remaining of class I taught a new lesson. 









No comments:

Post a Comment