Please hang tight while I reload all the photos back.

My photo
I currently work at Davenport A+ Elementary School in Lenoir, NC.

Thursday, September 6, 2018

tea party bridal shower

Tea Party Bridal Shower 

My daughter loves everything Jane Austin and wanted a tea party theme for her bridal shower. My brother loves going to thrift  and antique stores so he began collecting English tea cups for her party. It took almost a year to collect about 45 sets.

My sister (the aunt) also found many tea cups for the party as well. We wanted each guest to be able to take a set home.  
I ordered the roses from Costco and added additional babies breath to the bouquets. I found the vases at the Salvation Army.  I had the roses delivered three days before the party. By the day of the party they had opened up beautifully. I placed the bouquets on some vintage silver trays we have been collecting for the wedding coming up in August. 




My wonderful brother also found the tea pots to add to the centerpieces. 
As you can see most of the tea cup sets were different. I also made tea pot and tea cup cookies for each guest to take home. We added little labels with the upcoming wedding date on them. 

We  went to England about three years ago and went to the Jane Austin museum. Here we bought the Mr. Darcy poster. I never knew what I would use it for and came across it the day before the shower. How perfect for our tea party! I put a frame on it and I had a perfect addition to the food table. 
I made many of the food tier plates by gluing candle sticks from the dollar tree and vintage plates I found at thrift stores. I used Gorilla Glue to glue them together. I got this idea from Pinterest!

We had the shower in the youth room of our church. They of course had TV's in the room so we played in the background the movie "Pride and Prejudice". 
This is a sign I borrowed from a friend to show guest where to go. 

I think the shower was a success and the guest seemed pleased with their tea cup sets, cookies and fans.








1 comment: