Please hang tight while I reload all the photos back.

My photo
I currently work at Davenport A+ Elementary School in Lenoir, NC.

Thursday, September 13, 2018

Paul Klee cities 1st grade art lesson

Paul Klee cities

I based this art lesson on Paul Klee's "Castle and Sun" painting. 
We discussed his many abstract paintings and his personal life. He was a great father and made puppets with his son. I had the pleasure of visiting the Paul Klee museum in Switzerland over the summer. 

I also have several children books about the artist in my classroom library for the students to enjoy when they are finished with their work. 





 On the first day I provided sponges soaked in black paint. I can keep these all year and use them often. Students took pieces of cardboard and printed their castle or building on a 12" x 9" multi-media paper.








Everyone was successful! 





On the second day students traced a lid for their sun and outlined it in a black permanent marker. 

We talked about what color combination we could use such as warm colors, cool colors or multi-colors. 



We used Crayola's neon oil pastels. I bought these bins from Blick art supplies. I wish I had seen these earlier. They are perfect. So far the kids have kept them organized!!!








The students loved this art project!




No comments:

Post a Comment