Please hang tight while I reload all the photos back.

My photo
I currently work at Davenport A+ Elementary School in Lenoir, NC.

Friday, September 7, 2018

Kindergarten printmaking primary colors


Kindergarten printmaking with cups

It is so hard to teach kindergarten at the beginning of the year! Here is a short easy lesson that the kids really enjoyed. I got the idea from http://galatiak12art.blogspot.com/2014/04/kindergarten-primary-color-cup-prints.html
I began the lesson by talking about primary and secondary colors. I played a short two minute video on YouTube by Sesame Street.It's called "Three Primary Colors".
Students then printed circles by using a cup dipped in each primary color onto either a black or white piece of paper.
Some of the students could see that they created new colors when they overlapped the circles! 




















No comments:

Post a Comment